Monday, August 11, 2008

Second Life Profile Of Lydia Ames

Okay, I have been writing a story lately, and that is why I have not been posting. I have decided to write the story of Lydia Ames. She is my character from the game called Second Life. Which I mentioned in the previous post. Most of it is fictional, and it is not complete yet, I hope to add to it as Lydia... grows??? But I guess I can't say grows.. because she is sort of stuck in a Neverland World where she doesn't have to grow up and in fact her mother has made many comments about not wanting her to grow up either. So it is Lydia's adventures of being 5 years old. And trust me, some of them are quite fun. Others lead her into mischief and trouble. Now, for those who do not know Lydia. I have translated her story so that you may understand it. When she wrote it, it is in "Lydia-nese" and most do not understand her, unless they have been around her long enough. I will save you all the trouble of this. I hope that you enjoy.

As she was sitting there brainstorming her "story" with her mother, Catriona Dagger, her mother just laughed and said it sounds very much like a twisted Lifetime Movie. *giggles* Now keep in mind, this is the creativity that a 5 year old possess, and it can be a little confusing for some. But it is a rather neat story. I did enjoy translating it just for you.

So without further ado....

This is the story of Lydia Ames character from the virtual world of Second Life.

Have you ever had the feeling that from day one things just didn't go the way they should? The way you think they should go, anyways. Yeah that is my life. What, you don't believe me? Let me just tell you a little story then. This may take a few minutes of your time, but hopefully you wont regret it. If however you do, then I apologize now. I want to tell you how I found my family, and then some of my adventures since then.

My name is Lydia Ames Dagger, and I am 5 years old now. You may think that a 5 year old doesn't have much to say about things, but then again, how well do you really know me? I am going to say that you think you might now me, but not everyone knows about how I was born. That is what I want to tell you right now. It's a long trip down the road called "Memory Lane". Now these are not all *my* memories, because let's face it, I'm just 5 years old. I don't remember a whole lot before the age of 3 and a half.

Now you might want to know, how then did I learn my story. This is where my Mommy, Catriona Dagger, comes into the story. She told me a long time ago my story because I wanted to know what happened to me before I can remember. This is my story.

My Mommy and Daddy, Andy, had tried to have a baby for a long time. So my parents decided to adopt a child named Doradiia. Then when my Mommy finally gave up trying, then something happened to her. She became pregnant with me. She said that she had a pretty rough pregnancy. First they didn't hear a heartbeat. Then they saw me on sonogram, and they saw how active I was, yes even as a small child of 12 weeks old in uterus.

My Mommy got sick a lot when she was pregnant with me and found herself dehydrated quite often and ended up in the hospital quite a few times with IVs because they feared that I wouldn't form right. But then they said that I would be okay.

Then when she was 6 months along, she started having other issues. She started bleeding really bad, so she went back to the doctors and they ran a few tests and found out that everything was okay and gave her medication to stop the bleeding.

Catriona and Andy didn't live in a great area, and the hospital wasn't the greatest either, but it was all that they had. So finally a few weeks before the expected due date, Catriona went into labor.

She grabbed Andy and they took off for the hospital. When they arrived at the hospital it was rather confusing due to the fact that there was a lot of other expectant parents. And with few doctors and nurses on call that evening they were only taking those in most need first.

Catriona was taken back quite early due to more complications. They had decided to do a c-section because I was coming out backwards. Since I was a c-section baby, my father was not allowed in the room. They had to sedate my mother and she became unconscious. They had me out and taken off to run some tests to make sure that I was alright.

Next my mother woke up, my father was allowed in the room with her, but they heard no news of my where-abouts or if I was okay. With the little to no doctors or nurses no one was able to find out at the moment and pass the messages onto them. Later the doctor finally came into the room. read over her files and had somehow got mixed up with someone Else's file. They then informed my mother of the sad news. I had passed away due to SIDS. Which is Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Mommy was so heart broken and so was Daddy. But what else could they do but move on. Mommy got so sad for a long time and then one day she just broke down and lost it. After taking some medication she became numb to almost all emotions. She pushed everyone away and almost even my father.

Now, you might be wondering one big question. If I had died, then how is it that I am able to tell you this story. This is where it had got a little creepy. Somehow during the day of all the deliveries almost all the children born that day was mix-matched. Apparently, they didn't have a very good system going on and no one paid attention to who belonged to who.

So in all actuality I went home with another family. It turned out that 4 other families had their own children either. No one seemed to question it til about 2 years after we were all born. My new Mommy named Nalani my Daddy named Mark and I had a pretty good life. I also had an Aunt Isabel who had a daughter named Bridgette. But when I turned 1 year old, my father started getting upset with my Mommy. He was starting to wonder why I didn't look anything like him at all. I had some similarities to Mommy, but nothing to him. He questioned it a lot and by the time I was 2 years old, he demanded a DNA test.

They went and got the DNA test and then found out that I wasn't either of their child. They had no idea how this was possible, so they decided to go back to the hospital and they remembered what a very confusing day it was. They began to try to track down all the families that was present that day, and they got all but one, the one who had "lost" their baby. They felt that they had to be the only family that was correct.

They gave everyone DNA testing and everyone except me was correctly placed. One family couldn't find their child either, but I was not their child. They then realized that they needed to track down Catriona and Andy because they were the only other family there that day who had a child. They were found and brought in for DNA testing and Alas, it matched mines. Unfortunately the family that had a baby for the past 2 years now finds out that their child is the one who actually died.

Some of the families had decided to just leave things the way there was. Nalani and Mark discussed with Catriona and Andy to do the transfer. So then they had to go through the court systems and fill out all the paperwork. Now I was 3.5 years old and I am now moving to a new Mommy and Daddy. It took awhile to get used to the new family. Catriona was very stand offish at first she had still been hurt.

At first tho, it was very hard for my mother to accept me, especially because sometimes I would cry for Nalani and Mark. They were all I knew as mommy and daddy for 3.5 years of my life. One time I even tried to run away back to Nalani and Mark. When my mother found me, she was very hurt and upset because she thought that I didn't love her. I did love her very much and it was then that I realized that I wanted to be with Catriona and Andy more than Nalani and Mark. With my attempt to run away my mother put up a wall against me, so I tried to slowly break it down. I tried to give her some space with also trying to show her that my true feelings were that I loved her more than anything.

Finally tho Mommy's wall came down and she and I became very close, now inseparable. I asked a lot of questions about what had happened and learned what all my Mommy had went through and I felt very bad about everything and wished that it had never happened.

Me and Mommy


My father and I on the other hand had got extremely close from day one. We went on many adventures and saw a lot, he showed me the world. One time we went to the land of the dragons. I got to meet a few very nice ones, but at first I thought he was going to eat me, but my father saved me. He was ready to slay the dragon until we learned that his intentions were good. I got to explore the land and we found a cave.

Me and Daddy


Me and Daddy also went on many missions. We played detectives all the time. I was agent 262 and he was agent 626. We went undercover all the time exploring and saving people. One time we saved a baby pony from the mean black ninjas. They had tried to steal him to sell him to make some money. If not for us, this little pony's fate was not certain. But since we rescued him, we gave him to a very loving family who cared and loved him very much.

We laid around often and just chatted all the time, cuddling and snuggling. We did everything together. Then our family had another problem happen at the begining of the summer of my first year with Mommy and Daddy. For some reason Mommy and Daddy started to fight for whatever reasons grown ups fight for. And my parents got a divorce. Daddy started having other girl friends and Mommy started having other boyfriends. But He would always be my Daddy. At the end of summer that year we had another traumatic event happen.
He would ride his motorcycle to and from work due to gas prices being high. One night on his way home, he was rushing home because we were going to go to the movies and see the movie 'Cars'. He made a sharp turn too fast and flew off his bike and hit a tree, ending up in a coma. We didn't know for how long this was going to go on, and it was very hard. But we all accepted it and waited patiently for whatever was to happen.

Then my mommy started dating her old high school love, Jamie. At first I was extremely scared of him because he was much larger than Andy was. He also did magic that was very scary as well. He had long dark hair like Andy but he wore scary clothing. Eventually tho, we became friends and I learned to not be too scared of him. He was a lot stricter than Andy ever was tho. My Mommy fell in love with him again and things went well for awhile. Then something happened between them, but I am not too sure what all happened because it was really non of my business.

Then it was just me and mommy because Doradiia had always lived on her own. But we still got to hang out a lot with Doradiia. Mommy then started dating a man named Keifer. I didn't really like him at all, but they decided to get married anyways. I admittedly sabotaged him. Then Mommy saw how he wasn't right for our family. But I did have a lot of fun teasing and doing my magic tricks on him, turning him invisible, or trapping him while he was trying to build the house. I found it quite comical that he always got very upset with me, but I continued to do it anyways. I didn't care. And secretly Mommy and my Aunt Kat encouraged me to do it.

Now I had an Aunt Kat who was my Mommy's sister. We got really close as well. She would come over every night and babysit me while Mommy was sleeping, or working. We talked a lot about things, and we cuddled a lot as well. She rocked me to sleep and then tucked me in most every night.

Me and Aunt Kat

Then Mommy and Keifer's marriage came to an end too. He just was not the one for my Mommy and so we got rid of him, he was very hurt and kept trying to get back with Mommy, but it was never going to happen. I didn't really care for him myself as I said before. Mommy started dating Jamie again, her high school lover, and got married again. But he was never around very much, and kept making excuses as to why he wasn't able to be around. So that marriage was also short lived, Now Mommy is single again, because she deserves so much better than any of her past men have treated her.

Me and Mommy again

Now I want to tell you of a few stories about some of the adventures of me and my friend Sammy and Gordie. That is what I call them anyways. They belong to the Briggs' family. Sammy is 14 nearly 15 and Gordie is 18. They let me tag along quite often. Recently, Sammy asked me and Gordie if we wanted to go somewhere really neat. Sure! we said. She teleported us to where she was and we found ourselves in the path of an old very scary haunted house. Sammy started to go in and me and Gordie didn't much want to go, but didn't want to stay outside by ourselves. So we followed Sammy in. We walked up the stairs and entered the house. It was extremely spooky, and we were all very frightened.

Sammy then decided to do a seance, and bring some of the spirits of the house out to talk. Sammy tried to offer me as an offering to the spirits and I got so frightened that I passed out. A few moments later when I came to, Sammy had been possessed by an evil spirit of an old lady who wanted to be reunited with her earthly body and and put to rest. We had to follow this spirit around the house and do as she said to help her achieve this. Gordie did most of the tasks as I was too little to handle it. We had to go upstairs into the haunted nursery and put the jar of dragons into the cradle and kill the huge spider that protected it. Then finally Sammy was exorcised and we found our way outside the house. We left swiftly afterwards and went home.
I was very frightened for a few nights with nightmares of this experience. Sammy got into a lot of trouble for frightening me and I felt very bad for that. But now she is much more careful where to take me.

Then one time Sammy and Gordie wanted to go explore a Pirate's Sim. I was very excited to go and we played that we were from Pirates of the Caribbean. I played Captain Jack Sparrow, Sammy was Davy Jones, and Gordie was Elizabeth Swann. It was a lot of fun running around pretending, and then we got to Meet Captain Jack Sparrow, we got his autograph before he took off to swim out to sea to the Black Pearl.

That same evening we then went to a beautiful Castle and got to play princesses. We tried on a lot of dresses. I bought a new princess dress and some shoes to match. I am more of a 'tommy boy' than a dressy girl so it felt a little weird to be in a dress, but it was lots of fun because Gordie and Sammy are both 'dressy' girls.

Then I was set on going and buying a Captain Jack Sparrow costume, so Sammy and I went to the Dharma Sim for avatars and found just what we were looking for. There was a small problem, I am only like 3 feet tall, (that is as small as you can get in SL unless you are a 'potato head baby'), and the costume was made for someone who is like 7' tall, which is strangely average in world. So I had to mend the outfit to the best of my 5 year old skillz and make it fit me. Some of it was unmendable, so I just can not wear those pieces. But it is still a lot of fun to play with it.

Recently I have got to meet more of my extended family. Great Great Gramma and Great Grandpa. I call them gggma and ggpa. And also my great aunt. I was a little scared at first because I found out that they were vampires. So we made an agreement that they will not bite me, and I wont be scared of them. So far, so good. After all the family left, Mommy went on a date, so I went to play with Sammy. We went to a semi scary place. We adventured around there for awhile. I was in my Captain Jack Sparrow costume, and she pretended to be Elizabeth Swann. Then at the end of our adventure, I got too close to the edge of the water and slipped in when the bell struck. Luckily Sammy was there, she saved me. She was behaving, I have to admit that I was a little more on the mischievous side.. and she kept trying to get me to behave so that she did not find herself in trouble again.

But I guess this is all that I can write for the time being, I have no more stories.... that I care to share... *blushes* maybe sometime I will tell some of my other stories.

Signing off,
Lydia Ames Dagger

2 comments:

  1. lol. That was really good *grins* I enjoyed hearing Lydia's story - although she sounds like she had quite a tough time with her family situation being rather unstable.

    Now why does the SL profile limit one to 250 characters? It would be neat if you could have all of it on your profile. Although I guess you could have a web link there.

    Well Gordon and Samantha seem to enjoy having you around as well so it's a good group to explore with. But no more haunted houses!

    Lots of love, Staurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah those haunted houses very much scared her. but she is better now hehe!

    ReplyDelete