Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lack of Sleep, Blackouts, Dinner and a Movie

Okay so I didnt sleep for at least 48 hours, I honestly dont remember when the last time I did sleep. I was getting extremely slap happy. Laughing at anything and everything, making jokes and being messed up. People most likely could say that I had been drunk and got away with it. The family kept telling me to go to bed, but I wasnt able to sleep, and I kept having a reason or another not to take my medication to help me sleep. Needless to say that all my days are blurred together, and I do not remember what happened what day so much. I just remember individual events.

The graduation party as mentioned in previous blog. Then I believe, the night before last... because today is now tuesday, and I actually finally got to sleep the night before, so sunday to monday if I am not mistaken. Yes that is correct because I was supposed to go out Sunday with a friend, so I did not sleep Saturday-Sunday because by the time I returned home from the graduation party it was late, and I had plans at 10 the following morning to go to Erie with a friend of mines. So I had not taken my medication (I know, bad me. But if I had taken it I would not have woken up til at least 12pm Sunday). But my friend called me at like 1140am saying that a few things had come up and that we would go later that afternoon. So in fact I would have been okay to have taken my meds the night before, but how was I to know this...

So I was going to try my hardest to take a nap. Unfortunately I feel that I am pretty dependant on my medication to aide my sleep. So this nap did not happen. Around 230pm, I get a new call from him and since we had a few family issues at the moment, and me being extremely way too tired and being in my "drunken state" without the alcohol. I decided it would not be a good idea to go today, so we decided that we would just hang out tomorrow (being monday).

Sunday night, we had a blackout, all the electricity went out in the entire trailor park. Ah, perfect time to take a nap. but since it was still early in the evening, I didnt want to take my medication, I wanted to wait til that evening to take it, so I would get to sleep during "normal" sleeping hours. So I am finally falling asleep around 830pm, and somewhere around 920ish I am rudely awaken by Mike (Danielle's boyfriend) who is jumping on the roof just above my bed, for the purpose of waking me up. Yes thank you Mike! I appreciate it. *sticks tongue out at you Mike* Now I am awake again, and still in my "drunken state" I find the family in the dark in the driveway on my futon cushion stargazing. Mike has gone inside to fetch blankets as it was getting chilly. and Danielle is getting the snackages. We are having a pretzel fight in the dark, eyes are getting poked and dog is loving the leftovers. Finally the electricity is back on around 1030pm.

At this time we all go back into the house, where everyone goes to sleep, except me. Somehow this 1 hour nap has powered me for awhile at least. So since I have electricity again, I get on my handy dandy computer and log into my favorite online passtime, Second Life. If you are not sure what that is, go here www.secondlife.com. it is a free online game that requires a download that you can find here: http://secondlife.com/support/downloads.php and a few system requirements for it to run properly and smoothly as found here: http://secondlife.com/support/sysreqs.php. luckily for me, my laptop gets by in it.

I spend some time with my Second Life Family and then finally around 530am monday morning I decide to take my medications, because I know that my friend and I are not going to be hanging out til at least after 430pm monday evening. Yes it may seem surprising to you that I would allow such a time slot to take my medication, but it has very strong sedating affects and even if I take half a dose, it has the same affects on me. I know that it will be at least 10 hours before I will wake up. Yes this is a long time, and it is very hard to try to hold a full time job or even part time job taking this medication. Unfortunately, as I believe I have said before, I am sadly dependant on this drug to aide my sleep, I cant sleep without it most of the time.

Finally Monday evening comes, it is now 530pm and I wake up, hungry and have to go to the bathroom. This is what almost always wakes me up, not just because my body feels it has had enough sleep, but because it needs something else now! So I take care of that, and check my phone for any missed calls, since my friend was supposed to be done with work at 430pm. so i call at 540ish and he picks up, he is just leaving work he will be here in about a half hour. Knowing him tho, he is almost always late as a rule, so I allot for an hour.

I had a little trouble comming out of sedation even tho it was 12 hours later, as it had not felt like that much time had gone by. So I got a shower to help with this, and it worked okay. I had to feed my ferrets Rosey and Yuri (Japanese for Lily). Then Madre needed to speak to Danielle and I outside. We discussed what is going to be happening the next few weeks as work schedules are going to be different. I am going to be picking up more hours at Stella's and a few days at Ann's. Danielle will be picking up more hours at Faye's and Ann's. A few other people are comming into Stella's because my mother cant do every single morning every single week, I am not a good morning person, unless I stay up all night. And my older sister Sandy has morning sickness. So we are going to have a few other people come in to give my mother, and I a break as we will be the main caretakers of Stella from now on, as one of our other caretakers is moving on.

I am pretty happy for the increase of hours, so that I may save for my Christmas/Birthday present to myself hopefully the begining of next year to go explore Europe with my dear friend Stuart. This is going to be by far the most expensive thing I have ever saved for and planned. Getting passport, plane tickets, packing and flying.

So during this discussion of increase of hours, my friend Tom shows up. The conversation between the 3 of us is over, and I go in get my things and we head out. We had original plans to go have dinner and a movie, but since it was getting somewhat late as it was, we decided to just go back to his place to get a bite to eat, since we had to go there to get a few things anyways. He had fixed my PC for me and it runs great, Thank you Tom, very much! *hugs* So then we had a little snack since both of us was not incredibly hungry at this point in time. Then we went and looked up movies and times. We had missed most of the showings and the very few that we could still make didnt start til 945 and they were not a wide selection of choices. So we concluded to just watch a movie "In Demand".

We decided to watch Jumper. Which is very interesting considering that it is basically a group of people that can teleport to places within seconds anywhere they wish to go. If you have not seen it I would say it is a pretty decent movie to watch. The reason I find this soo interesting is because: 1. in my favorite game Second Life the way you get around the grid is by teleporting, and 2. my family and I in Second Life were having a discussion how neat it would be if you could teleport in real life.

I felt that it would be very beneficial if there were certain rules set in place. Such as in Second Life some parcels (pieces of land) you can teleport to anywhere on the land. And in other parcels you can only teleport to a set spot called a "landing point". So for instance if you want to go to a store, there would a landing point somewhere normally near the entrance to the store. Then you would have to walk in and look around. Now some parcels you can have the landmark (which is saved in your inventory) that you can teleport to a specific spot. For instance if you have your home set so that you can teleport to anywhere on that parcel then you can have a landmark to say your bedroom, your front door, the pool, a place in the sky on a building pad.

The reason I felt it would be beneficial to be able to teleport in real life is in the instance of say a murder or something. If you find yourself in a situation you do not wish to be in, you can easily teleport out and move onto something more pleasant. My second life neice however felt that it would cause a lot of problems such as stealing from banks and stuff of that nature. And that is why I felt as long as there were certain rules set in place as to where all you could teleport to.

So we watched the movie, and after the movie I had to use the restroom again, and I became very ill and in a lot of pain. It was not til after about an half hour of being in there, and going down the stairs in agony that my friend Tom realized that I was hurting when he got me some Ibuprofile, and that was not kicking in, so then Advil. Finally it started to kick in and we left for home around 1130pm. Now I can not sleep because I only woke up a few hours ago, and I went into second life and played with a few of my dear friends. exploring and having adventures. And then I decided to download some music, and then got a creative streak and started writing blogs and posts on a few of the sites I am apart of. So now it is 930am tuesday morning and I think I might take my medication, because I am very tired, but can not sleep.

In the words of Springer "Until next time, take care of yourself, and eachother"

1 comment:

  1. Good heavens sis, you are certainly having a very full time of it!

    I was reading on the net about techniques to get over jet lag recently. These included only eating at standard meal times and getting lots of sunlight during the day. Perhaps that might help with the sleep disturbance?

    Admittedly I have taken ages to get over my jet lag but then I've been not done either of those things so it is worth a try ;p

    If we are planning to actually go round the rest of Europe (great idea) then we might have to aim for Easter or at least a half term so I can get a little while off work. I've just taken such a big break that I really need to be a little taciturn about how much time I try to take off for the rest of the year!

    Love the blog, I'm looking forward to your next post. Stuart.

    ReplyDelete