Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lyme Regis and Wookie Hole

Okay so basically since last monday....



Monday was a long day, Stuart was gone all day at work, and then most the night due to his sailing classes. I entertained myself with talking with my family, chatting online, checking my sites, and watching movies. Very glad to see Stuart when he arrived home!



Tuesday we went into town and walked around a little bit, and then went and had tea and dinner at Beth's (Stuart's mother's house) and Robin, (Stuart's younger brother). For dinner we had keesh, baked potato, and then for desert there was like a fruit pie. It was very good, and I had a lovely time getting to know them more, they seem like very nice people. Next time we go out, we talked about me teaching Beth some line dances, if she doesn't already know them. She goes to line dancing school, but I might know a few she hasn't learned.. She also has a greyhound named Eli. He is cute, but seeing him makes me miss Mariah terribly, but it is nice to enteract with another dog. We finally headed back prolly a little later than we should have, because we had to get up early on Wednesday for Lyme Regis, but we were enjoying the company very much.



Stuart had an interview for a Boat Building course Wednesday afternoon. Luckily we planned on getting lost, because we did, but we still made it on time. After we got a lovely tour of the school, and the residentual area he had his actual interview. That went well. Then after that we walked all along the beach and I got to stand in the ocean for the first time ever! That was totally amazing. We got to see all kinds of fossils. If you find them along side the beach you are allowed to take them if you wish, as long as you dont take them from the hillside/wall. Unfortunately the only ones we saw were ones that were in rocks that weighed at least 50lbs or more... so there was no way we could have taken those rocks.. but I got plenty of pictures of them. Then we went and got something to eat as it neared dinner time. We each got a steak. We ordered rare but it came back medium-well, but it was good none the less. Then it was quite dark and we walked around a little more then headed back for home.



We got home pretty late so we both just crashed out after watching a film.



Thursday neither of us were feeling above the weather so we stayed home and didn't do much of anything. Stuart picked Rosa up from school and she came over for a few hours and we watched The Dark is Rising. A pretty good film. Then on Stuart's way taking Rosa back home he passed his nephews Alexander and Finnin (hopefully I spelt that right, sorry if I haven't). They came to the house for a little while and then their family invited us to dinner. So we went over and had dinner. It was very lovely. Beef stew, fried squash, baked potato, and there was something else, I can't remember, and then for desert we had ice cream. Thank you Alice and Tom.



Friday Stuart went to work, again I entertained myself with chatting with family and friends, playing around online, and watching movies. I also cleaned up the kitchen and that sort of thing. When he came home we watched a few films. Stuart enoys Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy and Ron White. I have been introducing him to them the past few weeks. He is getting pretty good at understanding them a little better everytime we watch them.

GIT-R-DONE!!!



Saturday mostly I was unconcious because I took my seroquil the night before and it knocked me out. I woke up and we went into town got something to eat, and did a little window shopping and then went grocery shopping then came back home, and I sadly fell back to sleep as I still wasnt feeling too great. But in between sleeping spells, we watched our weekly show Merlin. (Great show btw I will miss it when I go back to America). And then a few episodes of Beavis and Butthead... I am Cornholio.... anyways.. then we went to sleep.



Today we went to Wookie Hole. For real this time, last time we went to see the caves of Cheddar we thought we were in Wookie, and turned out to not be there, so we took Rosa today. We had a lot of fun and the caves were amazing. After that we headed to Beth's house to visit, but they weren't home so we stopped at Fred and Jean's (Stuart's Grandparents). We had a cup of tea and visited for a little while and then headed home. Once home we finished The Dark is Rising and started a little of Pirates of the Caribbean 3, At World's End. Then Stuart took Rosa home, and now here I am... So now I will stop talking and start showing pictures... hope you enjoy...


Lyme Regis


Standing in the Ocean for the first time... WOW! Wasn't as cold as I thought it was gonna be.

Stuart resting on a great big fossil. Some were HUGE!

Another neat Fossil

A Bunch of little Fossils

Wookey Hole Caves

Inside the caves. The lights made them purple!!! WHOOT!

Some more of the Caves.

And Again....

The Fairy Garden and Mermaid Statue with a pretty waterfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment