Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cycling, Walks, and Party

Well, a lot has happened since I got here. I will try not to bore you with all the little details as in the last post. Basically Wednesday was shot due to the delays in everything and getting home. We did go for a little walk when we first arrived home to see the sunset on top of the hill, then walked to the bottom of the hill and then back again. It is such a lovely view from the top of that hill. That is the sunset that we got to view the one night, so lovely.

My first full day here we cycled into town, but the bike was way too big for me so it was very uncomfortable. We walked around town for a few hours before heading back. Friday we drove into town, and bought me a new bike which we are picking up Monday after Stuart gets home from work. Friday night we walked up on top of the hill again, to see that particular sunset above and then walked down the hill and walked back up the main road.

Saturday we went into Redhill where Mike and Diana live to celebrate Diana's birthday. Most everyone dressed up which was a lot of fun. We had a few drinks, sadly for me though jetlag and my sore ear got the best of me and I was asleep around 830-900pm. I was also a little upset at having missed my nephew James' 3rd birthday. When we got up we sat around and had tea and breakfast, then we loaded up the car and headed to the park for awhile. Then we went to a little pub and I had my first soda thus far mmmmm, coke is gooood *smiles* then we headed back home. When we got home I took a nice hot bath and Stuart went for a little walk. Now we are getting ready to watch a film. I will post a few pictures here:

This is the River Avon on our way into town.


This was a pretty swan on the Kennet and Avon. The little canal that we ride along to go into town.

This is a pretty view of Bath.

This is the Abbey in Bath. Absolutely gorgeous.

2 comments:

  1. Aww I'm so happy you are enjoying your self. Those pictures were sooo pretty. I miss you hun!! -Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe I miss you too Ashley B!!!! *hugs* it was good talkin to ya the other day! hope to chat again soon

    ReplyDelete